Today we went around 'el barrio' de nuestra casa and our host mom showed us around. Then at 4 we had orientation in la Plaça Catalunya, one of the busiest places in the city. Orientation was at a hotel and they went over how not to get robbed, how to get around the city, etc. They recommended we buy this pass called T-Jove. It gets unlimited rides on el Metro y el bus in Spain. We have to metro every day so school. 9,25 € for 10 rides (so 2 rides per day). The T-Jove was 100 € for three months of metro and bus.
After orientation we went on a small walk tour around old Barcelona. We have many more tours and places to explore, today was more of a light overview since everyone's so tired from flying in. There are maybe between 15-20 of us. We will be doing lots of activities together throughout the next couple weeks. The coordinators for the program are really nice and helpful too.
It's kind of a gift and a curse that both Yessenia and Ruby can understand Cris and I can't, she talks normal speed so I end up trying to piece out words and then have to ask them what she said, but I'll get the hang of it soon.
Tomorrow we're going on a hike on the mountain in Barcelona and talking more about the semester.
I went out with Eli last night, we didn't even head to the bars until 2am then left around 6am! I was exhausted today, but they were so much fun. Where we went is kind of on what we would call fisherman's wharf, by the water. I think we're going to go out Saturday but i'll bring Yessenia and Ruby if they're interested.
I'm unpacking now, and going to get some sleep for more exhaustion tomorrow. It's been raining a lot, and pretty humid.
I'm having a great time so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment